Sunday, November 23, 2008

Things I am thankful for

I was thinking during some quiet time. I know, you are thinking, you have quiet time???
Anyway, I was thinking about the many things I am thankful for. There are so many things that come up that make us think about how hard things are and if only it were different.
I thought I would share the things that I am thankful for.

First, my family. I am so thankful for children who love me and challenge me to keep my mind and body from getting too lazy. I am thankful for a husband who in his own way drives me up the wall one minute, but then can make the difference in getting something done or not. My mom who is always there for me even when she is having troubling thoughts of her own. My brothers who drop a call from time to time when they are not so busy with life. For the rest of our extended family just for being who they are.

I am thankful for our exchange student. Max. He gives us a view into the life of a high school boy and the glimpse into another culture and language.

I am thankful for our continued friendship with Vivian and her family.

I am thankful for the roof over our heads. It may not be perfect, but it works. I am thankful for the material things we have been able to purchase to make our lives more comfortable. I am thankful for the job that helps us to live the lifestyle we are.

I am thankful for the vehicle I have is still pulling through now that it is paid off. I am thankful for so many things that are intangible as well. My friends, and the friendships that we have. I am also thankful for the few minutes of peace that I can accomplish each day, usually after I am in bed.. ha ha ha

This week we travel to my mom's for a huge Thanksgiving day feast and I will be thinking about all I am thankful for and I hope you will be too!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: