Saturday, September 28, 2013

School started, Midterms are in and other news from the homefront

We made it through the first midterm.  The kids are doing fantastic in school.  Most have all A's and two have a couple of B's.    They are doing awesome.  Kole is doing amazing in Cross Country.  Kole had a very minor surgery, an outpatient procedure to help make the flap smaller that is over where the gum graft was done.  So no trumpet for 6 weeks.  That's right Kole is learning to play the trumpet.

Kaci is playing basketball again this year.  She really likes the coaching staff this year.  She is busy with friends and enjoying her last year in junior high before heading to high school next year.

Kali is enjoying her senior year.  Homecoming was this past week and she has had a blast participating in all the spirit week fun.  Today I took her and Kaci into town and Kali had a Manicure and pedicure while Kaci and I had manicures while waiting for her.  Then off to get Kali's hair done.  She is so pretty and beautiful.  Kali has been accept to the college of her choice also!  We are so happy for her and proud of who she has become.

We are still fostering a senior Boston Terrier named Gabby.  She is such a sweetie.  I left her home from the parade today because she is blind and I did not want her to be scared.  Reiko and Doodlebug went with Kaci and I so we could see Kali in her last Athens Fall Festival Parade.  So many bittersweet moments this school year.

We are all doing well.  We have had a bit of a scare with my health.  I don't have all the answers yet, but I do know that I had a routine colonoscopy and they found cancer cells in a polyp.  There doesn't seem to be anymore currently, but it will not end there.  I am waiting for some results to return from some genetic testing.  It is thought that I may have Lynch Syndrome.  I am still learning about it, and other information that may help me in my future.  One thing I do know is that I need to be here for my children and their children.  so I plan on being here for a long time.

I leave you with some great pictures!













No comments: