Saturday, July 11, 2009

Catching up

Wow, it has been a while since I updated the blog, so I guess today is the day.
We leave Thursday for our first family vacation... I know I shouldn't post stuff like this, but voila! We have a house sitter and a neighbor watching and our friend who happens to be a police officer in our town coming by to check on things. Besides, who in their right mind would want to try and get past, a doberman, Shepard Mix, Boston Terrier and a dachsund mix for not a whole lot worth while. When you have kids you can't afford anything really nice! LOL

Our vacation will be taking us thru Indiana and up toward NY to see Niagra Falls... Then on to Maine to visit relatives... After a week in Maine we will be off to Washington DC for the night and to just see what it looks like.. We have never been... Many of the places we are visiting we have never been there, so this is going to be sooo cool! From DC we will head home and go over a huge bridge: http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=XFA132-017

Looks pretty scary to me and then work our way back home. We are so excited about this trip. This is our first real family vacation.... I wonder if it will be anything like that movie with Chevy Chase... Wasn't that called National Lampoon's Vacation? LOL

The past weeks have been filled with everyday living and chores and just doing stuff. The kids are home with dad so they swim or play wii or read or draw and run and ride bikes. Whiffle ball has become a favorite when the pool is too cool to swim in... yes, I did say too cool. We had unseasonably warm weather and then cooler, then rain again and again....

Reiko was feeling bad this past week so we took him to the vet, he had an infected anal gland, again... He had the same thing in May, so it looks like some minor surgery for our little boston to remove the cursed gland....

Mia has lost weight on her diet and looks like a real doberman with out her ears cropped and we had Tasha shaved and she looks so little now! Sweetpea is doing well and loves it when things are quiet around here. Too much hustle and bustle and she gets upset... Guess she better get over that in a hurry. Or we will just have to deal with it.

My job has been in jeopardy lately due to the state government here and it looks like I might get laid off or just not get paid or get paid not what my contract states... So I had to make a very difficult decision to put my resume out for other employers to see. Every year for 17 years I go through this and every year it is worse and worse. I can't lose my job and leave my kids and husband without a home, so I will take what I can get even if it means relocating to another state. Currently we are looking at Maine, Wisconsin, Indiana, New York, Nevada, Virginia. I might even be open to other states that I had not thought of as of yet.
We will see what happens. The kids are not happy and I was hoping to retire in this house and then move to a smaller when when the kids were out on their own... but sometimes plans have to change.

I don't have any pictures to share this time, but just wait until we get back from vacation! The pictures I will have then will be awesome!

No comments: